The Australia Post Community Grants Program encourages organisations to apply for funding for projects that will help to build healthier, more vibrant and more inclusive communities across Australia.
|Monday, 13 May 2013||Applications open|
|Friday, 28 June 2013||Applications close|
|July/August 2013||Applications assessed|
|September 2013||Applicants notified|
|September 2013||Grant funding issued|
Funding of one-off cash grant payments between $1,000 and $25,000 is available for community projects or initiatives, based on how strongly they meet the theme of ‘inclusion’ and support disadvantaged audience groups within Australia.
Who can apply?
Australian registered charities or community organisations that meet the program eligibility criteria can apply for an Our Neighbourhood Community Grant.
All grant applicants must support our central theme of ‘inclusion’ and fit within at least one of the below areas of focus:
- Providing all Australians with access to essential products and services – as well as the knowledge to use these services to connect in both the physical and digital world
- Maintaining a diverse, inclusive workplace that values the contribution made by people from varying backgrounds and neighbourhoods across our nation
- Investing in programs and activities that foster community spirit, connect communities and contribute to building a more inclusive Australia
- Providing support to Australian communities in times of preparedness for future or recovery from previous major crisis
- Regional and remote communities
- Socially disadvantaged
- Indigenous Australians
- Culturally and linguistically diverse groups
- People living with a disability
- Small businesses (up to 20 employees)
Our Neighbourhood Community Grants form part of Australia Post’s ongoing commitment to supporting the communities in which we operate.