Tractile Solar claim they are the world’s first Roofing Integrated Photovoltaic Thermal (RIPV-T) roof tile.
The roof-integrated photovoltaic tile creates both; electricity, as well as solar boosted hot water from the single unit.
The Tractile Eclipse Solar tile interlocks with Tractile Eclipse tiles for a solar roofing combination.
Tractile say the main benefits include:
- Increased PV output efficiency compared to conventional PV systems
- Aesthetic building integrated solution
- Use of cost effective and lightweight materials
- Designed for low manufacture and installation cost
- Decreased installation time and maintenance costs
..and recommend the system for:
- Heat pump
- Instantaneous gas or electricity
- Gas or electrical heated storage tank
SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE ECLIPSE SOLAR ROOF TILE
|Dimensions in mm: W x H x D|
|– Physical||1105 x 690 x 71|
|– Exposed||1050 x 560|
|Exposed tile surface (square meter)||0.588|
|Weight (kg), with single hook and no liquid in tile||19.56|
|Profile||Solar PV glass|
|Capacity in watt peak||76|
|Capacity in litres||1.0|
So if you’re looking to produce some of your own electricity in your next home build or update your existing building, then check out Tractile for more information.