For anyone serious about learning all the ins and outs of permaculture, this 10 week course would be ideal!
Run 3 times a year, with participation from Geoff Lawton himself, this fully catered course (vegetarian menu available) covers many aspects of permaculture, with both classroom lessons and ample hands-on practical experience.
An area for camping is available, with some raised tent platforms, composting toilet and a rocket stove heated shower.
Although the price is fairly steep, the experience you will get is invaluable!
Participants come from all over the world to do this course. The video below introduces us to some of the people who have done it and a bit of a look at what you might expect.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Detailed design and consultancy
- The Permaculture Earthworks Course
- The Permaculture Project Establishment Course
- Farm forestry
- Nursery systems
- Animal systems
- Fencing systems
- Main crops
- Food forests
- Fuel wood production
- Kitchen gardens
- The Urban Permaculture Design Course
- The Learn how to Teach Permaculture Creatively Course
- Garden agriculture
- Energy systems
- Waste systems
- Community group establishment
- Composting systems
- The Sustainable Soils Management Course