I have been asked to ‘put the word out’ about a community project involving building a tiny house at Aldinga Arts Eco Village.
The project will be being undertaken from May 20th- around June 8th or so.
They are looking for volunteers to help with this project and particularly anyone who has good building knowledge, such as a current or retired builder or a student/apprentice builder.
Other helpers would also be appreciated.
You don’t have to be involved in the whole project… just for whatever time you can offer.
I would imagine older kids, such as teens, may be able to take part (you would have to check with d’Arcy if they have an age limit, as it is a building project with potential dangers) but I would think that it wouldn’t be suitable for young children.
They are also after various materials for donation to the project:
• Plywood sheets for outside cladding and maybe weatherboard for the toilet
• Rust removal and rust prep paint for the trailer as well as wire brushes and clean up the trailer
• Frosted glass door or glass door for the front door
• A couple more sheets of gyprock for interior cladding
• Structural wood for framing
• Solar converter and batteries and someone who might like to give a solar DIY lesson